LOUISVILLE, Ky. — After pausing ticket sales in accordance with Gov. Andy Beshear’s temporary directive to suspend all charitable gaming initiatives, the Louisville Sports Commission (LSC) is once again selling its Golden Ticket raffle.
The raffle provides one lucky person two tickets to nearly every major sporting event on the local calendar – including the Kentucky Oaks and Derby, and every home game for UofL or UK football and basketball, winner’s choice – with proceeds from the ticket purchase funding the Sports Commission’s youth sports initiatives. If any of the events should be cancelled or postponed, the winner will receive tickets for the event on the postponed date or the next season.
The Golden Ticket prize package is two tickets to the following events:
- 2020 Kentucky Oaks
- 2020 Kentucky Derby
- 2020 Bellarmine Men’s Basketball Experience
- 2020-21 Regular season football and basketball home games for either the University of Louisville or the University of Kentucky, winner’s choice
- 2020-21 Regular season basketball home games for the University of Louisville women’s team
- 2021 Paul Hornung Award Banquet
- 2021 Quaker State 400 at the Kentucky Speedway, Bluegrass Club
- 2021 Louisville Bats home games
- 2021 Louisville City FC home games
The LSC is a non-profit organization that attracts sporting events to the community and promotes active lifestyles.
“Our Golden Ticket raffle supports a worthy cause and a provides players a chance to win the ultimate sports experience with tickets to the best sporting events in Kentucky,” said Karl F. Schmitt Jr., LSC president & CEO. “With the delay in spring and summer sporting events, we believe this prize package provides something for everyone to enjoy.”
“Even if sporting events are delayed, cancelled or postponed, the winner will receive tickets to all of the events in the prize package either this year or next year,” said Schmitt.
A total of 400 tickets will be sold at $100 each. The Grand Prize winner will be drawn on Aug. 26, 2020, on WHAS-11 Great Day Live. The winner does need not to be present to win.
To purchase a ticket, contact Hadassah Chilton at 502-587-7767 or [email protected].