LEXINGTON, Ky. — The Lexington Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) is seeking public input on the FY 2021 – FY 2024 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
The MPO is the transportation planning agency for Fayette and Jessamine counties and a small portion of Scott County. The TIP is a list of transportation programs and projects that transportation funds will be allocated to during the next four years. Projects that seek the use of federal transportation funds are required to be in the TIP.
Major projects in this TIP update include:
- Safety and congestion improvements along Richmond Road
- Improvements to Brannon Road and Ashgrove Pike
- Funding for Public Transportation
- Bridge maintenance and interstate paving projects
- Improvements to New Circle Road
- Continuation of the Eastern Nicholasville Bypass from KY 39 to KY 169
- Safety Improvements to the Wilmore “Y” Intersection of KY 29 and US 68
Public review and comment on the Transportation Improvement Program will be accepted until Aug. 15, 2020.
The TIP can be reviewed at http://lexareampo.org/.
Questions and comments on the draft TIP may be directed to Stuart Kearns with the Lexington Area MPO at [email protected] or 859-258-3180. Written comments may be mailed to the MPO at:
Lexington Area MPO
101 East Vine Street, Suite 700
Lexington, Ky. 40507