AMERICAN COLLEGE OF LLC AND PARTNERSHIP ATTORNEYS
• Laura Holoubek has been named a founding fellow of the American College of LLC and Partnership Attorneys, a fellowship of attorneys, judges and professors with a tenure of at least 10 years who have demonstrated a willingness to organize bar projects, write articles, teach courses, draft legislation, practice and focus a significant amount of time to matters involving limited liability company, partnership and other unincorporated entity law. Holoubek is a partner in the Lexington office of Dinsmore & Shohl LLP.
BOYLE COUNTY INDUSTRIAL FOUNDATION
• David Longenecker has been elected to serve on the board of directors for the Boyle County Industrial Foundation. Longenecker is a partner with the Stites & Harbison law firm who practices in the Lexington office.
• Lisa Higgins-Hord has been elected chair of the board of trustees for Lexington’s Carnegie Center, a literacy and learning center. Higgins-Hord is assistant vice president for community engagement at the University of Kentucky.
CENTRAL KENTUCKY ASSOCIATION OF HEALTH UNDERWRITERS
• The Central Kentucky Association of Health Underwriters has named new board members for 2020-2021: President – David Cheek, Health Cost Solutions; Vice President – Eric Wolfe, The Wolfe Agency; Treasurer – Flo Campbell, Humana; Secretary – Erin Tarvin, McGriff Insurance; Past President – Deanna Sizemore, BIM Group. Board committee chairs include: Programs – Cody Quinn, Al Torstrick Agency, and Michelle Dennis, ARC Administrators; Sponsorships – Carla Woods, Assured Partners; Education – Michelle Grant, Anthem; Membership Resources – Paula Frizzell, Frizzell and Associates; Membership Recruitment – Hunter Reeves, The Wolfe Agency; Legislation – Daryl Carlson, McGriff Insurance, and John Kiebler, Humana; Hospitality – Ashley Willis, McGregor & Associates; Communications and Print Media – Erin Collins, Employee Benefit Associates Inc.; Awards – Collin Barber, McGriff Insurance; Community Outreach and Media – Michele Wall, UMR; Symposium – Megan Flynn, United Healthcare, and Angela Yonts, Advisory Health and Wellness.
FIELD & MAIN BANK
• Ron Faupel and Greg Risch have joined the board of directors at Henderson-based Field & Main Bank. Faupel is the owner and operator of Henderson Chevrolet Buick GMC. Risch is president and CEO of Gibbs Die Casting.
FOUNDATION FOR A HEALTHY KENTUCKY
• The following individuals have been appointed to the Community Advisory Council of Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky: Rufus Friday, Kentucky Community and Technical College System; Jack Miniard, Clover Fork Clinic; Lois Renfro-Morris, legal services attorney (retired); Gabriel C. Stewart, Stewart and Associates Inc.; and Dr. Wayne B. Tuckson, physician.
HEALTH ENTERPRISES NETWORK
• The Health Enterprises Network, which includes more than 50 leaders from health-related organizations in the Louisville area, has announced the following health care leaders who will focus on specific sectors of health care and serve as part of the board of directors’ executive committee: Health Care Ecosystem – Tom McMahon, Humana; Economic Development – Michael Bryant, Trilogy Health Services; Entrepreneurship – Jim Rives, Rives Development Associates; Health Care Fellows – Tony Brosky, Bellarmine University; Health Care Policy – Dan Fischer, Dentons Bingham Greenebaum; and Branding and Messaging – Richmond Simpson, Vimarc. Three new members have also been added to the board of directors: Diana Lawrence, Sullivan University; Aaron McKinney, L&D Mail Masters; and Steve Oreskovich, Waystar. Newly appointed ex-officio members include: Sarah Davasher-Wisdom, Greater Louisville Inc., and Sarah S. Moyer, Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness.
INITIATIVE ON REGULATORY INNOVATION
• Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles has been appointed to the President’s Initiative on Regulatory Innovation.
KENTUCKY COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE SYSTEM
• Joseph Heerdink has been selected to represent Madisonville Community College on the Kentucky Community and Technical College system board of regents. Heerdink is the regional director of information technology at MCC.
• Theresa Carpenter Beames has been elected president of the board of directors for the KMAC Museum, a contemporary art museum in downtown Louisville. Beames is a media producer, writer, director and editor with her company, essentialmedia llc. Newly appointed members to the board include: Ryan Berkey, founder and executive creative director at AUTHORS; Clay Cook, photographer and owner of Clay Cook Photography; Vian Sora Hayden, artist and KMAC Triennial: Crown of Rays selectee; Calesia Henson, attorney with Stites & Harbison; Katie Mac Murphy, personal stylist and image consultant; Scott Weinberg, attorney and shareholder with Lynch, Cox, Gillman & Goodman PSC; and Christopher Yost, architect with GBBN Architects.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COUNTIES
• Boone County Judge-Executive Gary Moore has been named president of the National Association of Counties.
NORTHERN KENTUCKY TRI-COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORP.
• Jude Hehman has been appointed to the Northern Kentucky Tri-County Economic Development Corp. (Tri-ED). Hehman is mayor of Fort Mitchell.
NORTON CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
• Mari-Elise Paul has been appointed to the board of trustees for Norton Children’s Hospital Foundation. Paul is counsel to the Stites & Harbison law office in Louisville.
STATE BOARD OF MEDICAL LICENSURE
• Wagar Saleem and Heidi Keonig have been appointed to serve on the State Board of Medical Licensure. Both Saleem and Koenig are physicians at the University of Louisville.
UNITED STATES PHARMACOPEIAL CONVENTION
• Dr. Dennis E. Doherty, professor emeritus of medicine at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, has been named president of the United States Pharmacopeial Convention. USP is one of the world’s largest networks of global experts in science and health, with more than 500 member organizations from 33 countries that work to improve public health, protect patient safety and increase access to quality medicines.
UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE COMMISSION
• Kyle Henderson has been appointed to serve on Kentucky’s Unemployment Insurance Commission. Henderson, of Paducah, is the business manager at Plumbers and Steamfitters Local 184.
WATERFRONT DEVELOPMENT CORP.
• Susan Moss has been appointed to serve on the board of directors for the Waterfront Development Corp., which manages Louisville’s riverfront revitalization efforts. Moss works for Kindred Healthcare in Louisville.
• Shannon Tivitt and Saundra Gibson have been appointed to the board of directors of WaterStep, a Louisville nonprofit that works to provide safe water to communities in developing countries. Tivitt is the One Water Project liaison director at the Louisville Water Co. Gibson is an employee of MSD.