FRANKFORT, Ky. — Gov. Andy Beshear has made the following appointments to Kentucky boards and commissions:
Gov. Beshear has appointed Robert Williams as a member of the Agricultural Development Board. Williams of Henderson is a farmer. He replaces James Mahan, whose term has expired. Williams shall serve for a term expiring July 6, 2024.
Gov. Beshear has appointed John Brewer as a member of the Real Estate Appraisers Board. Brewer of Stanton is a real estate agent. He replaces Marvin Hensley, whose term has expired. Brewer shall serve for a term expiring October 31, 2023.
Beshear has appointed James King as a member of the Kentucky Real Estate Commission. King of Louisville is the president of King Southern Bank. He replaces Gus Hauser, whose term has expired. King shall serve for a term expiring June 15, 2023.
Gov. Beshear has appointed the following as members of the Kentucky Workforce Innovation Board until they no longer hold their respective positions:
• Lieutenant Governor Jacqueline Coleman
• Secretary J. Michael Brown, Governor’s Executive Cabinet
• Secretary Larry Hayes, Cabinet for Economic Development
• Secretary Larry Roberts, Labor Cabinet
• Commissioner Jason Glass, Kentucky Department of Education
Appointed as Workforce Innovation Board members who shall serve a term expiring October 7, 2021:
• Heidi Margulis, Humana
• Jaqueline Korengal, Office of Adult Education
• Lori Ulrich, Fleming-Mason Energy
• Sadiqa Reynolds, Louisville Urban League
• Bo Matthews, Superintendent of Barren County School District
• Terry Sexton, Boilermakers
• Ryan Holmes, EHI Consultants
• Scott Pierce, Operating Engineers
• Cora McNabb, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
• Kurtis Mishler, AxiomOne
• President of Kentucky Community and Technical College System
• Michael Buckentin, Logan Aluminium
Appointed as Workforce Innovation Board members who shall serve a term expiring October 7, 2022:
• Beth Davisson, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
• State Sen. Jimmy Higdon
• State Rep. Bobby McCool
• Kim Menke, Toyota
• Michael Hale, Barren County Judge Executive
• Sharon Price, Community Action
• Todd Dunn, UAW
• Rob Southard, Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline
• Kevin Smith, Beam Suntory
• Lynn Parrish, Bitsource
• Deputy Secretary Mary Pat Regan, Education and Workforce Cabinet
Appointed as members who shall serve a term expiring October 7, 2023:
• Aaron Thompson, Council on Post-Secondary Education
• Tony Georges, UPS
• Karen Trial, Hitachi
• Julie Whitis, Ignite Institute
• Suhas Kulkami, Indus, Inc.
• Jonathan Webb, AppHarvest
• Robert Blythe, Mayor of City of Richmond
• Diane Owen, Four Rivers Scholarship Fund
• Keith Sparks, Enerfab
Kevin Smith is appointed to serve as chair of the board.
Gov. Beshear has appointed Russell Tilford as a member of the Land Between the Lakes Advisory Board. Tilford of Kevil is the Superintendent of the Lyon County Board of Education. He replaces Brent Stringer, whose term has expired. Tilford shall serve for a term expiring August 9, 2025.
Gov. Beshear has appointed Emily Ashton as a member of the Kentucky Eating Disorder Council. Ashton of Lexington is a dietitian at Bluegrass Nutrition Counseling. Ashton shall serve for a term expiring October 4, 2022.