LOUISVILLE, Ky. — In addition to enhanced cleaning and sanitation, the Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport (SDF) terminal team has added Plexiglas dividers, floor markers and extra hand sanitization stations to make air travel safer. Masks are required in the terminal and to fly aboard all of Louisville’s air carriers. Forget your mask? The airport has you covered. Travels can grab a Fly Louisville mask from the holiday tree on their way to the security checkpoint.
“We are open and ready to welcome holiday travelers,” said Dan Mann, executive director of the Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport. “And we are committed to providing the absolute best customer experience possible.”
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA), which manages the screening checkpoint, has also added to its safe travel procedures, including mandated masks, gloves and Plexiglas dividers to keep Louisville travelers safe. Passengers are now allowed to bring a 12-ounce container of hand sanitizer through the checkpoint. If you are planning to bring food aboard the plane, TSA has requested that you store it in a clear zip top baggie, aiding in the safe transport of perishable items.
Restaurants and shops at the airport are open, some offering limited hours and takeout style service for holiday travelers. Seating is temporarily suspended inside airport eateries, per Gov. Andy Beshear’s recent executive order. The airport’s virtual helpdesk, located near baggage claim, can provide additional assistance to travelers.
Other travel tips from SDF:
- Check-in online, print or download boarding passes, and proceed directly to the TSA security to minimize touchpoints. Travelers with larger luggage, however, must check their bag(s) at the ticket counter before going to the checkpoint.
- Consult airlines regarding luggage restrictions, health guidelines, and flight information.
- Visit TSA.gov for more information on what flies and what does not.
- Bring unwrapped holiday gifts or consider shipping them before traveling.
- Verify flight status prior to departing for the airport at FlyLouisville.com or the airline’s website or mobile app.
- Arrive 60 to 90 minutes prior to the flight’s scheduled departure.
Six commercial airlines offer nonstop service to 30 nonstop destinations from SDF. The airport is also home to the second busiest cargo hub in North America, the UPS Worldport, moving millions of tons of product annually.