STANFORD, Ky. — DecoArt, a Kentucky manufacturer of acrylic water-based craft, DIY, and fine art paints plans a $2 million dollar expansion, as sales of its products have skyrocketed by over 300%. The company has initiated two phases of manufacturing equipment expansion and a hiring boom to meet this new demand.
An estimated 50+ positions will be added to the Stanford locations.
These new openings include over 40 positions on both 1st and 2nd shifts and in the warehouse and manufacturing plant and multiple support roles within Purchasing, Operations, Quality, Distribution, Human Resources, and Information Technology.
The manufacturing expansion includes initiatives divided into Phase I and Phase II including:
- Implement additional lean manufacturing concepts that allow for quick change processes when it comes to bottling lines, including over 3,500 colors.
- Expand the output of our product dispersion capabilities with the addition of state-of-the-art mixing equipment that will more than double our base making capabilities.
- Increase bottling capacity with 3 new production lines to support the filling of all product lines.
- Maximize line speed (MLS) initiatives while utilizing a fill rate monitoring information system that will be visible in real-time to understand production challenges.
- Renovating the roof, restrooms, and break rooms to support an influx of additional staff
- Long-term expansion plans of manufacturing and distribution centers to at least double in capacity.
Since 1985, DecoArt® has manufactured one of the broadest lines of acrylic paints and finishes for general arts and crafts use in the world. The line includes all-purpose acrylics for professional artists, crafters, and students.
Located centrally in the United States, DecoArt® manufactures numerous specialty paints that are designed specifically for surfaces like glass, ceramics, fabric, and metal, from its Stanford production facility.