A slight change to the classic Whiskey Buck, a Kentucky Buck combines strawberry with bourbon, citrus, bitters, and ginger beer for a sweet taste of Kentucky.
- 2 strawberries, hulled
- ½ oz. 1:1 simple syrup
- 2 oz bourbon
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 3 oz ginger beer
- Strawberry, to garnish
- Muddle strawberries with the simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the bourbon, lemon juice, and Angostura bitters.
- Fill with ice and shake vigorously for 10–15 seconds.
- Double strain into a highball glass filled with fresh ice and top with the ginger beer.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry.