LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Louisville Metro Government (LMG) will begin accepting applications on January 18, 2023, from local non-profit organizations for programs or activities that contribute to the city’s cultural, social, and economic vitality. These grants, funded through the city’s General Fund, are awarded to non-governmental or “external” agencies for LMG Fiscal Year 2024 (July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024).
The External Agency Funds (EAF) are awarded annually to nonprofit organizations offering programs or services in Louisville/Jefferson County that align with the Mayor’s strategic goals. The competitive grants are available for Social Services programs administered by the Louisville Metro Office of Resilience and Community Services. The Arts and Creative Industries External Agency Funds programs are administered by Louisville Forward, and the Youth External Agency Funds programs are administered by the Office of Safe and Healthy Neighborhoods.
For the Social Services funding program, qualified nonprofits committed to providing services that achieve meaningful outcomes for Louisville citizens in the following key areas are encouraged to apply:
- Decreasing homelessness;
- Increasing household financial stability;
- Increasing access to services and resources for a targeted population.
For the Arts and Creative Industries funding program, qualified nonprofits committed to providing programs that achieve meaningful outcomes for Louisville citizens in the following focus areas are encouraged to apply:
- Arts experiences for everyone;
- Creative workforce; and/or
- Creative community spaces and neighborhoods.
For the Youth Engagement funding program, qualified nonprofits committed to providing services that achieve meaningful outcomes for Louisville citizens in the following key areas are encouraged to apply:
- Ensuring youth access to needed resources and services;
- Increasing youth engagement in development opportunities and quality programming;
- Creating opportunities for youth to re-engage with education and improve educational outcomes.
- Starting January 17, 2023, by 5 p.m., application guidelines may be viewed for reference at https://louisvilleky.gov/government/external-agency-fund
- The application window will open on Wednesday, January 18, 2023, at 8 a.m. Click the below link(s) for application(s):
- Community Services- https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FY24EAFRCS
- Arts and Creative – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FY24ARTSEAF
- Youth – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9DZK2WN
- All agencies wishing to apply should have at least one representative attend the virtual application orientation on Tuesday, January 17, 2023, via WebEx from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The orientation will provide information about deadlines, how to access the application and other general information.
- Following the orientation, the city will begin accepting applications. The deadline to apply is Friday, February 3, 2023, by 5 p.m.