LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Dec. 28, 2012) — As Louisville celebrates being named Lonely Planet’s “Top U.S. Travel Destination for 2013,” the Louisville Convention and Visitors Bureau is taking a look at the accolades Possibility City racked up over the past year. Louisville made lists in print and online giving praise to great places to eat, play and stay.
Here is a quick look at a few:
1. Louisville was named one of the “Best Foodie Getaways around the World” by Zagat.
2. Louisville was named one of the top 10 Tastiest Towns by Southern Living.
3. Louisville’s MEAT was named one of the World’s 50 Best Bars 2012 by Drinks International.
4. Bootsnall.com listed Louisville as one of the “8 of the Best American Small Towns for Foodies.”
5. Louisville made the list for “The 10 Best College Towns for True Foodies” on thebestcolleges.org.
6. Harvest was named on Food & Wine’s “Best Southern Food in the U.S.” list.
7. Hammerheads’ chef was named top 10 in the region by Food & Wine Magazine.
8. Holy Grale restaurant was recognized in Draft Magazine’s list of America’s 100 Best Beer Bars, and in Food & Wine Magazine’s roundup of “Best Sliders in the U.S.”
1. Louisville was named one of the Top 10 Cities for Affordable Vacations by Livability.com.
2. GQ magazine named Louisville “the manliest town in America.”
3. Louisville was named in the Top 6 Summer “Mancations” by TravelChannel.
4. Louisville was named in “Top 25 Best American Cities for Art” by American Style Magazine.
5. U.S. News named Louisville one of the Top 12 Best Getaways.
6. ABC City Guides for Kids named Louisville one of its Top 7 Family Destinations for 2012.
1. The U.S. Conference of Mayors named Louisville “the nation’s most livable large city.”
2. Louisville made the Top 10 “Best Places to Retire Under $40,000” on Yahoo News.
3. Condé Nast Traveler readers voted Louisville’s 21c Museum Hotel #1 Hotel in the South.
4. The Brown Hotel was named to Travel + Leisure’s 2012 list of the Top 500 World’s Best Hotels.