The University of Kentucky celebrated the success and achievements of six of its graduates last month as it inducted them into the Gatton College of Business and Economics Alumni Hall of Fame.
“These six outstanding graduates … represent dedication and integrity in the business world and in the greater community in which they live,” said D. Sudharshan, dean of the college.?“The University of Kentucky is privileged to count these individuals among its alumni.”
This year’s inductees are:
• Carter Harris (Class of ’79), founder of Knight Capital Partners.
• Mary Lassiter (Class of ’82, ’83), secretary of the Kentucky Governor’s Executive Cabinet and state budget director for Gov. Steve Beshear.
• Howard Lewis (Class of ’70), founder of Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America.
• Scott Smith (Class of ’90), CEO of Coalition America Holdings Inc., NPPN and Lodestone Solutions LLC, companies that provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for health insurance carriers, self-employed employers and third-party administrators.
• Sean Smith (Class of ’90), co-founded Coalition America Holdings Inc., NPPN and Lodestone Solutions LLC with twin brother, Scott, and serves as chairman of the companies.
• Darrell L. Williams (Class of ’84) has extensive experience in antitrust litigation consulting and has served as a staff economist with the President’s Council of Economic Advisors and as a financial economist at the Securities and Exchange Commission.