LOUISVILLE, Ky. (June 17, 2014) — Seven Kentucky attorneys recently were named to the 2014 edition of Benchmark: Top 250 Women in Litigation. The annual publication honors female litigators from around the country for their achievements in the field.
Those named to the list include:
- Margaret Keane, team leader of the beverage alcohol group at Bingham Greenebaum Doll in Louisville. She also represents clients in class actions and employment matters. She recently obtained a defense verdict on behalf of Watson Pharmaceuticals in a case filed by the Kentucky Attorney General’s office.
- Janet Jakubowicz, is the chair of the Bingham Greenebaum Doll’s securities litigation and class action practices. She is the past president of Louis D. Brandeis American Inn of Court and the Louisville Bar Association.
- Lea Pauley Goff handles bankruptcy and general commercial matters out of her base at the Louisville office of Stoll Keenon Ogden.
- Theresa Canaday,general litigator at Frost Brown Todd. Says one peer, “I have great respect for her.” Another peer extols, “I know she represents a mutual client and does very well for them.”
- Virginia Hamilton Snell, appellate practice leader at Wyatt Tarrant & Combs. She has represented clients in roughly 700 state and federal appellate cases during her career.
- Mindy Barfield and Barbara Edelman at the Lexington office of Dinsmore & Shohl both handle lender liability, fiduciary duty, and general commercial claims. Barfield also handles an array of matters for coal mining, a key local industry. Edelman has argued more than 50 cases at the trial and appellate levels with more than 30 cases before the Kentucky Court of Appeals, the Kentucky Supreme Court, and the US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Published this month, Benchmark Litigation’s Top 250 Women in Litigation will be distributed with the main Benchmark Litigation book in September. The special publication is dedicated to honoring the accomplishments of leading female trial lawyers in the United States.