FRANKFORT, Ky. (June 23, 2014) — Gov. Steve Beshear has made appointments to Kentucky boards and commissions.
Appointed to the State Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors to serve for terms expiring May 31, 2018:
- Woodford R. Porter Jr., of Louisville, is a funeral director, embalmer and owner of A.D. Porter & Sons Funeral Home Inc. He represents the Funeral Directors Association of Kentucky.
- Jack M. “Sonny” Meyer, of Louisville, is a funeral director and owner of Herman Meyer & Son Inc. He represents the Funeral Directors Association of Kentucky.
Gov. Beshear has appointed the following members, effective June 21, 2014, to the Kentucky Community Crisis Response Board to serve for terms expiring June 20, 2016:
- Catherine R. Stapleton, of Edgewood, representing mental health professionals. The appointment replaces Michael D. Vance, whose term has expired.
- Constance E. Adams, of Richmond, a retired administrator and school psychologist, representing mental health disciplines. The appointment replaces Todd A. Hazel, whose term has expired.
Gov. Beshear has reappointed the following members to the board to serve for terms expiring June 20, 2016:
- Phillip G. Sanders, of Salem, is minister at Faith Church. He represents chaplains.
- Woodrow William Will, of Cecilia, is training director at the Hardin County Sheriff’s Office. He represents local community crisis response teams.
Gov. Beshear has reappointed Charles A. Calvert to the Maysville Community and Technical College Board of Directors to serve for a term expiring Oct. 15, 2019.
- Charles A. Calvert, of Maysville, is retired.
Gov. Beshear has appointed Kathy M. Panther to the Kentucky Traumatic Brain Injury Trust Fund Board, effective July 1, 2014, to serve for a term expiring June 30, 2018.
- Kathy M. Panther, of Louisville, is director of inpatient therapy and brain injury program at KentuckyOne Health. She represents rehabilitation specialists. The appointment replaces Robert Walker, whose term has expired.
Gov. Beshear has reappointed Donald Michael Wallen to the Kentucky Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, effective June 22, 2014, to serve for a term expiring June 21, 2018.
- Donald Michael Wallen, of Lexington, is president of NGAS Production Co. He represents residents of Eastern Kentucky.
Gov. Beshear has appointed Michael E. Dossett as a member of the Kentucky Emergency Response Commission, to serve for a term expiring April 17, 2016.
- Michael E. Dossett, of Louisville, is director of Kentucky Emergency Management and represents emergency management. The appointment replaces John Heltzel, whose term has expired.
Gov. Beshear has appointed the following members to the Kentucky State Board on Electric Generation and Transmission Siting:
- Elinda C. Boyles, of South Shore, is vice president for finance and administration at Shawnee State University. Boyles represents residents of Greenup County.
- Greenup County Judge-Executive Robert W. Carpenter, representing Greenup County.