Application deadline is Oct. 22
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 29, 2014) — The Lexington-Fayette Urban County Division of Police is accepting applications until Oct. 22 for persons interested in being police officers.
Guidelines to apply include:
- A high school diploma or GED certificate.
- A minimum of 21 years of age and shall not have reached their 37th birthday by the application filing deadline date.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have an official birth certificate from State Bureau of Vital Statistics (Hospital/Health Dept. birth records CAN NOT be substituted for this State document.)
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Have not been prohibited by federal or state law from possessing a firearm.
- Have not been convicted of a serious misdemeanor within twelve (12) months prior to the application filing deadline date and during the hiring process.
- Have not been convicted at any time of a felony.
- Have not used any illegal drugs or prescription medication within twelve (12) months during the hiring process.
- Have not been fired or forced to resign within 12 months preceding application.
- Have not had certification as a peace officer permanently revoked in another state.
- The Division of Police currently has seasonal uniforms. Tattoos and brands which are visible while wearing the regulation short sleeve uniform MUST be removed by the Chief’s selection. This includes tattoos that can be covered by watches and wedding bands.
- Have not received a dishonorable discharge, or general discharge under other than honorable conditions if having served in any branch of the armed forces of the United States.