Early registration is for elderly and disabled
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Sept. 30, 2014) — The Louisville Metro Community Action Partnership (CAP) will begin accepting pre-registration heating assistance applications on Oct. 6. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides financial assistance to help income eligible citizens pay utility bills.
Funds for this program will be available on or after Nov. 3.
Pre-registration is for Jefferson County residents only who must meet the following criteria:
- Fixed income within 130 percent of the federal poverty level
- Elderly (60 years or older) or disabled individuals receiving social security, SSI, pension or Black Lung benefits
Applicants must be willing to provide the following documentation:
- Picture ID for head of household (if available).
- Proof of all household income for the preceding month (food stamp award letter, pay stubs, etc.).
- All individuals 18 or over in the household with no income must have a Proof of No Income form completed prior to applying for benefits. Forms available at the CAP office, 810 Barret or http://www.louisvilleky.gov/CSR/Community+Services/LIHEAP.htm)
- Social Security card(s) or official documentation with social security number(s) or Permanent Resident Card Number(s) for everyone living in the household.
- Most recent heating bill or verification from landlord that heating expenses are included in the rent (i.e. lease agreements).
Residents who meet the early registration requirements may apply at the following locations:
- Mon., Oct. 6: Newburg Community Center, 4810 Exeter Ave., Lou., KY 40218, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Tues., Oct. 7: Southwick Community Center, 3621 Southern Ave., Lou., KY 40211, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Wed., Oct. 8: Portland Community Center, 640 North 27th St., Lou., KY 40212, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Thurs., Oct. 9: Sun Valley Community Center, 6505 Bethany Ln., Lou., KY 40272, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Mon., Oct. 13: Flaget Community Center, 4425 Greenwood Ave., Lou., KY 40211, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Tues., Oct. 14: Baxter Community Center, 1125 Cedar Ct., Lou., KY 40203, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Wed., Oct. 15: California Community Center, 1600 West St. Catherine, Lou., KY 40210, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Thurs., Oct. 16: Shelby Park Community Center, 600 East Oak St., Lou., KY 40203, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Fri., Oct. 17: Jeffersontown Community Center, 10617 Taylorsville Rd., Lou., KY 40299, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Mon., Oct. 20: Parkhill Community Center, 1703 South 13th St., Lou., KY 40210, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Tues., Oct. 21: Beechmont Community Center, 205 West Wellington Ave., Lou., KY 40214, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Wed., Oct. 22: Oak & Acorn, 631 South 28th St., Lou., KY 40211, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Thurs., Oct. 23: Shawnee Arts & Cultural Center, 607 S. 37th St., Lou., KY 40211, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Fri., Oct.24: Watson-Powell, 1340 Heafer Rd.., Lou., KY 40223, 9 – 11 a.m.
- Mon., Oct 27: Cyril Allgeier Community Center, 4104 Cadillac Ct., Lou., KY 40213, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Tues., Oct. 28: South Louisville Community Center, 2911 Taylor Blvd., Lou., KY 40208, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Income-eligible residents who don’t meet the requirements for pre-registration (not elderly or disabled) may still apply for LIHEAP benefits by making an in-person appointment only at the Central CAP Office located at the Urban Government Center, 810 Barret Avenue on Oct. 30 between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m, or Oct. 31 between 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. All three CAP offices will begin taking appointments on weekdays starting Nov. 3, between 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (note: Newburg site is closed on Fridays for LIHEAP). Check www.louisvilleky.gov/cap for a complete listing.
Individuals who are unable to apply for this program in person may send a representative on their behalf. The representative must provide a hand-written note, dated and signed by the applicant, giving the representative permission to handle the application for services. The representative must provide a photo ID matching the name specified on the applicant’s note, the applicant’s photo ID (if available) as well as the required documentation specified above to qualify for the services/programs.