Event is Oct. 11
The event will be held from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Oct. 11 at the Transfer Station at 1505 Old Frankfort Pike.
The normal cost is $63.53 per ton to dispose of household waste. However, residents may drop off up to one pickup truck load of bagged household waste and up to four off-the-rim tires for free at this event.
Appliances and hazardous materials, such as pesticides, motor oil or paint, will not be accepted.
For more information call LexCall at 3-1-1 or 425-2255.
Guidelines for disposal day:
- Participants must have a valid Fayette County drivers’ license
- All loads must be level with the bed of the truck
- All loads must be covered by a tarp
- Only household waste will be accepted
- No more than four tires will be accepted and they must be off the rim
- No tire rims will be accepted
- No appliances will be accepted
- No commercial vehicles allowed
- No hazardous materials or free-flowing liquids