Funds $2,000 towards 2015-16 school year
COVINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 9, 2014) — Gateway Community and Technical College, Northern Kentucky University, Thomas More College and Toyota are partnering for the fourth year to fund a $2,000 scholarship to one non-traditional female student.
The scholarship honors a Northern Kentucky resident who exemplifies notable achievement, outstanding service to the college or the community and personal integrity, perseverance and leadership.
The scholarship will be awarded at Gateway during the Outstanding Women of Northern Kentucky awards luncheon in spring 2015. Funds will be disbursed for the fall 2015 and spring 2016 semesters.
To be eligible, scholarship applicants must:
- Complete the application for the Gateway/Toyota Outstanding Women of Northern Kentucky Tuition Scholarship
- Be a current non–traditional student with at least part-time status (six credit hours)
- Have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Reside in Northern Kentucky
- Provide two letters of recommendation from non-relatives.
The application and letters of recommendation are due by Dec. 10, 2014, to the Gateway Financial Aid Office at the Urban Metro Campus, 525 Scott Blvd., Covington, Ky., 41011.