City had at least $1.1 million in damage from recent storms
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (April 9, 2015) — Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer said the city will seek federal disaster assistance for individual and public damage and losses stemming from record rainfall last week. Louisville received up to seven inches of rain in some parts of the city.
Damage estimates are still being totaled, but the University of Louisville has reported damage of at least $1.1 million and state officials estimate that repairs to a washed-out section of Ky. 22 will cost more than $1 million. Fischer yesterday declared a local state of emergency.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency pays for 75 percent of eligible claims, including damage to government property and some costs associated with managing and recovering from the disaster. The Commonwealth of Kentucky and Louisville Metro Government will share the remaining 25 percent of the eligible costs.