11 regional competitions planned
FRANKFORT, Ky. (May 12, 2015) — Gov. Steve Beshear today announced the Kentucky Innovation Network will host its second-annual entrepreneur pitch competitions over the next four months.
Similar to the hit television show “Shark Tank,” these competitions will feature Kentucky entrepreneurs presenting their business ideas to a group of local angel investors, individuals who provide capital for startup companies. Winners will receive cash prizes and the opportunity to present their business plans to the entire Kentucky Angel Investors Network (Kentucky Angels) in November.
Regional pitch competitions are (all times EDT except where noted):
- Covington: May 27, UpTech, 112 West Pike St., 5 p.m.-7 p.m. ET
- Lexington: June 10, Commerce Lexington, 300 East Main St., 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Morehead: June 18, Innovation Launchpad, 149 East Main St., 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Louisville: June 24, Greater Louisville Inc., 614 West Main St., 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Ashland: Aug. 4, Park Place Building, 1701 Central Ave., 9 a.m.-11 a.m.
- London: Aug. 18, KHIC Center, 440 Old Whitley Road, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
- Pikeville: Sept. 10, UPIKE College of Business, 118 College St., 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Richmond: Sept. 18, Central Bank, 350 West Main St., 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Elizabethtown: Sept. 23, Brown Pusey House, 128 North Main St., 12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. (Central time)
- Paducah: Sept. 24, location TBD, 5 p.m.-7 p.m. (Central time)
- Murray: Sept. 25, location TBD, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (Central time)