Allows students to live on Georgetown campus, take BCTC classes
GEORGETOWN, Ky. (June 2, 2015) — On Monday Bluegrass Community and Technical College President Augusta Julian and Georgetown College President M. Dwaine Greene signed a partnership agreement that will create a bridge program for students who have applied for but do not initially meet Georgetown College admission requirements.
The bridge program will allow students to enroll in a minimum of nine credit hours at BCTC and live on the Georgetown College campus, participate in campus life at Georgetown, and be eligible to take one course per semester at Georgetown after successful completion of their first semester at BCTC.
Georgetown College will offer admission to the “Bridge to GC Program: BCTC Tiger Trail” to students who:
- Are first-time freshmen who do not qualify for regular admission to Georgetown College
- Have a minimum 2.0 high school grade point average or equivalent
- whose academic preparation, as reflected in their application to Georgetown demonstrates
- Are college ready in English and reading
- Have a high potential of achieving good academic standing at Georgetown upon successful completion of college-level course work at BCTC