Lexington, Ky. – The Living Arts & Science Center has announced its 2015-16 board of directors for the fiscal year July 31, 2015 – June 30, 2016.
The 2015-2016 Living Arts & Science Center’s officers are:
- President: Paige Bensing, manager materials analysis, Lexmark
- President Elect: Coley Stilz, member, Kinkead & Stilz, PPC
- Past President: Maggie Mick, director of development, the Council of State Governments
- Treasurer: Robert Williams, Jr., fiduciary investment advisor, Unified Trust
- Chair Capital Campaign: Harriet Dupree Bradley, owner, Dupree Catering & Events
- Chair Community Engagement Committee: Yajaira West, client and community relations director, PNC
- Chair H’Artful of Fun: Emmy Hartley, chief media officer, Cornett Integrated Marketing Solutions
- Chair Building and Grounds: Dan Hitchcock, partner – bankruptcy and creditor rights group, Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs
The 2015-2016 Living Arts & Science Center’s Directors are:
- Ryan Atkins, area retail manager, Kentucky Utilities
- Brandi Berryman, project manager, urban designer, Lexington Downtown Development Authority
- Seth Brewer, owner, Enoteca, Wine + Market
- Joseph Coleman, policy, research and fedearl relations manager, Kentucky League of Cities
- Marcus Cross, PR director for model lab and regional campuses, Eastern Kentucky University
- Colmon Elridge, executive assistant and senior advisor to the governor, Kentucky state government
- Chris Ford, commission on social services, LFUCG
- Jenny Frey, Marketing Coordinator, Alltech
- Heather Hadi, Owner/Attorney – Heather A. Hadi PSC.
- Brendon Halvorsen, Area Manager Business Banking – Chase Bank
- Hannah Huggins, Project Manager – Commerce Lexington
- Debra Hughley, Pricing Analyst, Aftermarket Parts – Clark Material Handling
- Hope Hurst Lanham, CEO – Hurst Office Suppliers Inc.
- Dianne Loeffler, Senior Lecturer – UK College of Social Work
- Stacie Marksbury, Board of Directors – Markesbury Family Foundation
- Gregory Pettit, Managing Director – Guthrie Mayes Public Relations
- Chad Rudzik, Vice President / Trust Officer – Fifth Third Bank
- Randall Vaughn, Director of Architecture – Gray Construction
- Jennifer VanNess, OBGYN Physician – Lexington OBGYN Assoc.
- Meredith Sheffler Walker, Realtor – Bluegrass Sotheby’s
- Gina Whitis, Manager of Client Accounting & Payroll Services – Dean, Dorton, Allen, Ford
Now celebrating their 46th year, The Living Arts & Science Center is a not-for-profit organization that provides creative and unique opportunities for exploration and education in the arts and sciences. Art galleries, a Discovery gallery, and arts and science classes and workshops are provided year-round for children and adults. In addition, the Living Arts and Science Center partners with community agencies and organizations to provide free hands-on arts activities at community events and programs and classes for special needs and at-risk students.
A Capital Campaign, Imagine This!, is on-going and construction is in progress to renovate the LASC’s historic building and to expand their facility into an additional building with new classrooms, a Digital Media Lab, a teaching kitchen, a planetarium, a clay studio, and more. Completion of the addition is expected in 2016.