Will visit campus Oct. 1-2
VERSAILLES, Ky. (Sept. 15, 2015) — Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) President Jay Box announced today the names of three candidates to be interviewed for the position of president/CEO of Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC). The new president will begin on Jan. 1, 2016.
The finalists are:
- Stacia L. Edwards, Ed.D., associate vice president, academic affairs and special assistant to the president, Columbus State Community College, Columbus, Ohio.
- Ty J. Handy, Ed.D., president, Northwest Florida State College, Niceville, Fla.
- Walter A. Tobin, Ph.D., president/CEO, Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College, Orangeburg, S.C.
The candidates are scheduled for on-campus visits and interviews Oct. 1-2. During those visits candidates will meet with JCTC faculty, staff, students, the board of directors and local leaders. The public will also have an opportunity to meet the candidates at community forums in the JCTC Health Science Hall auditorium in rooms 166A/B.
- Dr. Stacia Edwards — Community forum, 7:30–8:30 a.m.; student/faculty/staff forum, 10-11 a.m.
- Dr. Ty Handy — Community forum, 8:45–9:45 a.m. ; student/faculty/staff forum, 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Dr. Walt Tobin — Community forum, 7:30–8:30 a.m.; student/faculty/staff forum, 10-11 a.m.