Holding tours of manufacturing facilities
NEW ALBANY, Ind. (Sept. 28, 2015) — One Southern Indiana’s (1si) Metro Manufacturing Alliance, Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana, WorkOne Southern Indiana and local companies are partnering to celebrate National Manufacturing Day from Wednesday through Friday.
National Manufacturing Day, which is Friday, is an occasion for participating manufacturers to speak directly to their local communities, particularly young adults looking for viable career options.
More than 12 percent of employed adults in Clark County and 14 percent in Floyd County work in the manufacturing industry. In Indiana, manufacturing accounts for approximately 25 percent of the state’s economy.
Students, educators and the public can take advantage of tours being provided by several local manufacturers, including:
- Amatrol, Inc. – Jeffersonville
- American Fuji Seal, Inc. – Jeffersonville
- American Plastic Molding – Scottsburg
- Beach Mold & Tool, Inc. – New Albany
- Cimtech, Inc. – New Albany
- Cylicron, LLC – Jeffersonville
- Diverse Woodworking, LLC – Corydon
- ERL, Inc. – New Albany
- Key Electronics, Inc. – Jeffersonville
- Koetter Woodworking, Inc. – Borden
- Owings Patterns – Sellersburg
- S&J Precision Inc. – New Albany
- Exhibits at the Perkins Technology Center will also include:
- Alpha Energy Solutions NASCAR
- Flexible Materials
- Ivy Tech Community College – School of Technology Mobile STEM Laboratory
- The Maker Mobile
- Samtec, Inc.
- WorkOne Southern Indiana
For more information contact Kathleen Crowley at One Southern Indiana, 812-206-9026 or [email protected].