Selected as 2015 National Blue Ribbon Schools
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Sept. 29, 2015) — Eleven Kentucky public and private schools were named 2015 National Blue Ribbon Schools today by the U. S. Department of Education School.
The award is based on a school’s overall academic excellence or progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups, according to National Blue Ribbon Schools. The honor recognizes your students’ accomplishments and the hard work and dedication that went into their success.
Overall, 335 public and private, elementary, middle and high schools were recognized this year. Schools will be honored on Nov. 9-10 in Washington D.C.
The Blue Ribbon Schools program recognizes schools in one of two performance categories:
- Exemplary High Performing Schools are among the state’s highest performing schools as measured by state assessments or nationally normed tests. Various student group performance and high school graduation rates also are at the highest levels.
- Exemplary Achievement Gap Closing Schools are among the state’s highest performing schools in closing achievement gaps between a school’s student groups and all students over the past five years. Student group performance and high school graduation rates for each group are at high levels.
Kentucky schools recognized are:
- Beechwood Elementary, Beechwood Independent
- Blessed Sacrament School, Fort Mitchell
- Bush Elementary, Laurel County
- Christian Academy English Station Middle School, Louisville
- Murray High School, Murray Independent
- Saint Mary Academy, Prospect
- St. Albert the Great School, Louisville
- St. Gabriel the Archangel School, Louisville
- St. Margaret Mary Catholic School, Louisville
- St. Pius X Elementary School, Edgewood
- The School for the Creative and Performing Arts, Fayette County