Completed 22 weeks of training
RICHMOND, Ky. (Oct. 9, 2015) — Law enforcement officers from 16 agencies across the state graduated today from basic training at the Kentucky Department of Criminal Justice Training.
The 23 officers of Class 467 completed 22 weeks of training, which consisted of 888 hours of recruit-level-officer academy instruction. Major training areas included homeland security, law offenses and procedures, vehicle operations, firearms, investigations, first aid/CPR, patrol procedures, orientation for new law enforcement families and mechanics of arrest, restraint and control.
Basic training is mandatory for Kentucky law enforcement officers who are required to comply with the state’s Peace Officer Professional Standards Act of 1998. The Department of Criminal Justice Training provides basic training for city and county police officers, sheriffs’ deputies, university police, airport police and others.
The agency also provides in-service and leadership training for Kentucky law enforcement officers and public safety dispatch training.
The Department of Criminal Justice Training is a state agency located on Eastern Kentucky University’s campus. The agency is the first in the nation to be accredited under the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies’ public safety training program designation. DOCJT also earned accredited through the International Association for Continuing Education and Training in 2013 – making it the nation’s only law enforcement training academy to achieve dual accreditation by two independent accrediting organizations.
Class 467 graduates and their agencies are:
- Jeremy A. Renfrow, Ballard County Sheriff ‘s Office
- Donnie E. Broughton, Barbourville Police Department
- Nikolai V. Boyar, Bowling Green Police Department
- Thomas J. Bugsch, Bowling Green Police Department
- Dylan T. Callison, Bowling Green Police Department
- Brock R. Messina, Bowling Green Police Department
- Jennifer R. Owen, Bowling Green Police Department
- Cameron B. Day, Cincinnati/N. KY Airport Police Department
- Jacob C. Wright, Cincinnati/N. KY Airport Police Department
- Troy Joseph Blue, Dawson Springs Police Department
- John W. Overbey, Elsmere Police Department
- David C. Aldridge, Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office
- Oscar Sanchez, Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office
- Corey E. Brown, Hancock County Sheriff ‘s Office
- Mitchell P. Brown, Hartford Police Department
- Benjamin J. Lancaster Jr., Marion County Sheriff’s Office
- Jake S. Darnell, Murray State University Police Department
- Dalton Rankin Mellott, Ohio County Sheriff’s Office
- Katie E. Pate, Ohio County Sheriff’s Office
- Jonathon W. Knox, Scottsville Police Department
- Mikka D. Crabtree, Trigg County Sheriff ‘s Office
- Emily H. Faulkner, University of Kentucky Police Department
- Dustin M. Lee, Western Kentucky University Police Department