Recognizes local professionals
NEW ALBANY, Ind. (Oct. 20, 2015) — One Southern Indiana (1si), the chamber of commerce and economic development organization for Clark and Floyd counties, announced today the finalists for the 2015 Appreciating and Celebrating Excellence (ACE) Awards. ACE Awards are a new event for 1si that celebrates the accomplishments of professionals in the community and recognizes the finest 1si members in one of four categories.
Finalists were chosen by an independent panel of judges and were selected based on criterion in business history, community involvement, response to adversity, newly-created opportunities and innovation in products or services. Winners will be announced on Nov. 17.
“This is a new event that we expect will become a favorite for our members,” said Wendy Dant Chesser, president and CEO of 1si. “Not only do we have a fantastic selection of finalists but we also will be holding the signature event during lunch which adds a different but energizing sense of celebration and excitement. Our goal is for the ACE Awards to be an event the audience will be talking about around the water cooler the next day and anticipating next year.”
This year’s finalists are:
James W. Robinson Young Professional of the Year
- Teressa Jackson, Rauch Inc.
- Micah Jorrisch, Family & Children’s Place
- Jill Peden, L&D Mail Masters, Inc.
- Cara Silletto, Crescendo Strategies
Kevin Hammersmith Community Leader
- Joseph Brown, Rodefer Moss & Co, PLLC
- Diane Fischer, L&D Mail Masters, Inc.
- Stefanie Griffith, Strandz Salon & Threadz Boutique
Sam Day Professional of the Year
- Dr. Daniel Eichenberger, Floyd Memorial Hospital & Health Services
- Ingrid Hernandez, InGrid Design
- Christy Smallwood, Arkham Executive, LLC