Lexington, Ky. – The Lexington School is listed as No. 2 among the best private schools in the United States, according to The Best Schools.
The Best Schools is an independent online resource providing school rankings and recommendations to parents.
The New School in Fayetteville, Ark., was the only school to top The Lexington School on the list.
Rankings were determined by a number criteria, including:
- The schools must have at least three of the six grades (first through sixth grade) that are traditionally categorized as elementary-level grades.
- They must exceed nearby public schools in course selections and success.
- They must have a reputation for producing students who are well prepared to take the next steps in their education.
- Though they are organized as businesses, the schools must have a reputation for treating families with fairness and compassion.
- They actively seek to treat parents as partners in the educational process.
- They openly and regularly celebrate the students and their accomplishments.
“I’m just glad we’re No. 2 rather than No.1,” said Una McCarthy, assistant head of school. “That was we stay humble, but hungry. It’s how we got here in the first place. We really do strive to be the best we can be in our partnership with kids and families.