Arrive early, print boarding pass at home
COVINGTON, Ky. (Nov. 19, 2015) — Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport is offering tips on navigating airport traffic during the holidays. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the Sunday and Monday after are typically the busiest travel days during the holiday.
“With increased flight options and more capacity, we expect passenger volumes to increase approximately 10 percent compared to 2014,” said Candace McGraw, CVG chief executive officer.”
Travel tips at CVG:
- Arrive at least 90 minutes before your flight leaves.
- Book your trip as early as possible.
- To save time checking-in at the airport, print your boarding pass, select your seat and check your bag on-line from the comfort of your home.
- Familiarize yourself with passenger and baggage security procedures at tsa.gov.
- At the airport look for public safety assistants wearing the yellow jackets/vests located from curbside to security ready to answer questions and help get you to your gate faster.
- Passengers in a wheelchair, using a stroller or service dog can utilize a designated lane in security which is staffed by our Public Safety Assistants.
- Free Wi-Fi is available including plenty of outlets to recharge all your electronics before the flight.
- For protection against lost luggage, label your bags inside and out with your contact information. Be sure to include the address and phone number of your destination.
- Weapons may not be carried aboard the aircraft. This includes replicas, toy weapons and anything that can be mistaken for a weapon. Check tsa.gov for a list of approved checked items including accepted liquid and limitations.
- When using general screening, be prepared to remove blazers, coats and bulky sweaters and activate any electronic or battery-powered equipment as part of the security inspection. This includes laptops, music players, games and phones. PreCheck customers may leave jackets and shoes on and electronic devices may remain packed in carry-on luggage. You can find more information about Pre-Check online via tsa.gov/tsa-precheck. Passengers can utilize CVG’s Pre-Check Enrollment Center located on the baggage claim level which is open from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 12:30 pm and 1-5 p.m.
- Do not wrap gifts that you plan to carry onboard. If a security officer needs to inspect a package they may have to unwrap your gift.