Pikeville, Ky. – Community Trust Bank, Inc. was recently honored with the “Gold Lender Award” by the United States Small Business Administration (SBA) as Kentucky’s top community bank SBA 7a lender in 2014 – 2015.
This is the seventh consecutive year that Community Trust has received this award from the SBA.
In the last six federal fiscal years, SBA has authorized more SBA 7a loans in Kentucky for Community Trust Bank than for any lender. Over the last seven fiscal years, Community Trust has closed more than 600 SBA 7a and 504 loans, providing in excess of $100 million for small businesses in the communities it serves.
During the most recent fiscal year, Community Trust Bank closed or increased 101 SBA 7a and 504 loans, representing $19,504,586. In Kentucky, the bank closed or increased 90 loans, totaling $15,694,300. In West Virginia, Community Trust Bank closed or increased seven loans, totaling $1,139,000. In Tennessee, Community Trust Bank closed or increased four loans, totaling $2,671,286.
In all, 35 loan officers at Community Trust Bank’s 80 locations in Kentucky, West Virginia and Tennessee were successful in obtaining SBA loans for their customers during the year. These individual lenders include:
- Bob Watson in Versailles, Kentucky was the top SBA lender for Community Trust Bank in number of loans for the seventh consecutive year. Mr. Watson closed or increased 20 SBA loans for $1,112,000. Mr. Watson also received a special Louisville Slugger bat engraved with his name as a seven-time member of SBA’s Kentucky “Heavy Hitter” Team at the recent SBA Lender’s Conference in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Steve Belcher in Pikeville, Kentucky had the highest dollar amount of SBA loans, with two loans for $5,037,000.
- Kristy Gross in Ashland, Kentucky closed five loans for $631,000.
- Bruce Nichols in Danville, Kentucky closed five loans for $328,200.
- Clovis Lawless in Summersville, West Virginia closed or increased four loans for $711,500.
- Jody Thompson in Pikeville, Kentucky closed four loans for $640,000.
- Rich Newsome in Harrodsburg, Kentucky closed four loans for $145,000.
- Mark White closed three loans in Tennessee totaling $918,000.
- Nicole Newsome in Pikeville, Kentucky closed or increased three loans for $470,000
- Robert Brewer in Frankfort, Kentucky closed three loans for $273,000.
- Dave Compton in Pikeville, Kentucky, David Tackett in Prestonsburg, Kentucky, Jeremy Rigney and Scott Osborn in Richmond, Kentucky and Jeannine Petell in Lexington, Kentucky each closed or increased two loans.
- Willie Swatzell in Middlesboro, Kentucky closed an SBA 504 loan in Tennessee with the Bank’s portion being $1,753,286.
- Community Trust Bank employees David Akers, Allen Burner, Brian Clark, Amy Dailey, Mike Damron, Betty Frederick, Tim Houck, Brett Keene, Joe Kenney, Barry Pennington, Ricky Peterson, Berry Popp, Joel Prichard, Andrew Pyles and David Wills also closed SBA loans during the fiscal year.