Events will be held throughout January in Kentucky
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (Jan. 8, 2016) — College Goal Kentucky, which provides free help to families applying for college financial aid, will be held at five locations on Saturday throughout Kentucky. Any student who is planning to attend college in the upcoming academic year can attend the events.
Financial aid professionals will help students and families complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA is the form students must submit to receive federal and state student aid.
Events on Saturday:
- Southwest branch Library, 9723 Dixie Hwy. Louisville, KY 40272, 9 a.m. to noon, FAFSA Only
- Thomas More College, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017, Administration Bldg lower level, 10 a.m. to noon, FAFSA Only
- Western Kentucky University, 1906 College Heights Blvd. Mass Media and Technology Hall Room 166 Bowling Green, KY 42101, 10 a.m., presentation and FAFSA
- St. Catharine College, 2735 Bardstown Road St. (Mutilple Buildings), 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., FAFSA Only
- Campbell County High School, 909 Camel Xing, Alexandria, KY. 9 a.m. to noon, FAFSA Only
For a list of other College Goal Kentucky events in January click here.
College Goal Kentucky is sponsored by the Kentucky Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (KASFAA). It is funded by USA Funds, with additional support from KHEAA and KHESLC.
According to the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA), participation in state aid programs has more than quadrupled since the 1990s. In the 2014‐2015 academic year, KHEAA disbursed $208 million in higher education grants and scholarships to nearly 92,400 students. Students who file the FAFSA in January have the best chance of receiving these funds.
Students are encouraged to attend College Goal Kentucky with a parent or guardian. They should bring their and their parents’ completed 2015 IRS 1040 tax returns and any other 2015 income and benefit information. If families have not completed their taxes, they are encouraged to bring their 2014 IRS 1040 tax forms and last paycheck stubs from 2015 so that financial aid professionals will be able to show families how to use estimated information to submit the FAFSA and how to go back and update their information once taxes are completed. Everything else—pens, pencils and FAFSA worksheets—will be provided.
For information about College Goal Kentucky, call 1‐888‐4‐KASFAA (1‐888‐452‐7322) or visit http://www.kasfaa.com/CollegeGoalKY/.