EdTalks available on Council on Postsecondary website
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Jan. 21, 2016) — The Council on Postsecondary has launched a new video program, “EdTalks,” to help communicate key issues of importance concerning higher education and adult education.
The first video highlights the process that led to the budget request, which was unanimously endorsed by all public campus presidents and the Council on Postsecondary Education. In the video council president Robert King discusses some of the challenges in developing the request.
Performance funding is a key policy feature of the Council’s operating budget request. Kentucky’s public campus presidents, along with the council, are requesting restoration of half the state funding cuts imposed since 2007-08 to be used for performance funding, which would help boost institutional targets on goals such as:
- Degrees and credentials produced
- Retention, progression and graduation rates
- Closing the achievement gaps of minority and low-income students
Another video highlights the five special initiatives in the operating budget request:
- Centers for Research Excellence for UK and UofL
- Equity adjustments for NKU and WKU
- Recruitment and retention funding for KSU
- Land grant match for KSU
- Tuition stabilization funding for KCTCS