Forbes selected 25 small giants that have chosen to be great
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Jan. 27, 2016) — Big Ass Fans was named to America’s Best Small Companies list, a new recognition by Forbes of 25 small giants that have chosen to be great, instead of big, according to Forbes. Big Ass Fans is based in Lexington.
Although growth is good, the leaders of these companies have had other, nonfinancial priorities as well, such as being great at what they do and making great contributions to their communities, states Forbes.
Forbes said the companies on the list were selected based on:
- The company has been acknowledged as outstanding by those who know the industry best.
- It has had the opportunity to grow much faster, but its leaders decided to focus on being great rather than just big.
- It has been recognized for its contributions to its community and to society.
- It has maintained its financial health for at least ten years by having a sound business model, a strong balance sheet and steady profit margins.
- It is privately owned and closely held.
- It is human-scale, meaning frontline employees have real interaction with top leaders.