Products available to sample, purchase
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Feb. 15, 2016) — Kentucky Proud products will once again be available during this year’s Kentucky Arts Council’s Kentucky Crafted: The Market from March 5-6 at the Lexington Convention Center. In all 17 Kentucky Proud exhibitors are participating in this year’s event.
“We are extremely excited that our Kentucky Proud producers have the opportunity to participate in Kentucky Crafted: The Market,” said Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles. “The collaboration between our Kentucky Proud members and Kentucky Crafted artists creates a unique display of amazing locally produced food and artwork for the general public to experience firsthand.”
Kentucky Proud producers are located in the north end of the convention center exhibit hall, and many exhibitors offer free samples of their product.
“The Kentucky Proud area at The Market is a popular destination for our guests,” said arts council executive director Lori Meadows. “We are as excited about Kentucky Proud exhibitors making big sales as we are our Kentucky Crafted exhibitors. The inclusion of Kentucky food producers is a natural fit with our artists, and has made for a relationship that is mutually beneficial.”
Tickets to Kentucky Crafted: The Market are available at the door or can be purchased online and are $10 for one day or $15 for two days. Children 15 and under are admitted free with a paying adult. For more information about Kentucky Crafted: The Market, visit the arts council’s website.
Kentucky Proud producers at the 2016 Market are:
- Applecreek Specialty Foods, Lexington
- Boone Creek Creamery, Lexington
- Cappy’s Caramel Corn, Paris
- Crank & Boom Craft Ice Cream, Lexington
- Elmwood Inn Fine Teas, Danville
- Gents Original Beverages, Lexington
- Honnah-Lee Bubble Tea, Lexington
- Hounds & Horses, Frankfort
- Jun Bug, Lexington
- Mom Blakeman’s Candy, Lancaster
- Mother Mills Old-Fashioned Food Mixes, Springfield
- Rimmer Family Favorites, LaGrange
- River Rat Beer Cheese, Winchester
- Shell-Bee’s, Louisville
- Spotz Gelato, Georgetown
- The Sweet Shoppe, Hodgenville