Will be held March 12 in Lexington
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 17, 2016) — Seven local and regional performance groups have been scheduled for the Irish festival stage on March 12 during Lexington’s 37th Annual Alltech St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival.
The festival is part of an all-day celebration that begins at 8 a.m. with the 10th annual Shamrock Shuffle to benefit Lexington Habitat for Humanity. At 11 a.m. the annual “Blessing of the Keg” at the Alltech tents in Cheapside Park kicks off the free Irish festival. The parade begins at 1 p.m.
“This year’s festival features a little bit of everything Celtic, including Irish dancers, Scottish pipers and some great bands, including one who mixes traditional Irish music with our more local bluegrass sound,” said Megan Moloney, vice president of the Bluegrass Irish Society and director of the Bluegrass Ceili Academy Irish dance school. “We’re excited to bring these great performers back to our Fifth/Third Pavilion stage for this free, family-friendly event.”
Schedule of performers:
- Noon: Liam’s Fancy with special guests John Skelton, Bobby O’Byrne and Jeremy Wade
- 2 p.m.: William Sutherland Reid Pipes and Drums
- 2:30 p.m.: Lexington’s Kentucky McTeggart Irish Dancers
- 3 p.m. – Traditional Irish and bluegrass band Cloigheann
- 4 p.m. — Lexington Irish Dancers
- 4:30 p.m. — Irish native Paul Cullen
- 5:30 p.m. — Drunk & Sailor