Benefited 11 artists, one publishing house
FRANKFORT, Ky. (April 4, 2016) — Eleven Kentucky artists and one publishing house benefited from a new purchase award sponsorship program last month at Kentucky Crafted: The Market in Lexington.
The Kentucky Arts Council secured purchase commitments from eight Kentucky entities interested in investing in Kentucky art by one or multiple Kentucky artists at The Market.
“This is the first time we’ve done this at The Market—it’s a unique and different way to do business,” said Lori Meadows, arts council executive director. “We found it was an effective way to engage business community leaders in this important event for Kentucky artists.”
The 2016 Purchase Award Sponsors were:
- Alltech (purchased from University Press of Kentucky)
- Berea College (purchased from Gallery 123, Rebecca Lowery Ceramics and Clay House Pots)
- Fourshee Building Supply (purchased from McDonald Fine Art)
- Friend of the Kentucky Arts Council (purchased from Robbie Mueller: Folk Art Kentucky)
- Gray (purchased from Joe Molinaro)
- Kentucky Chamber of Commerce (purchased from Dean Hill Photography and Grace Wintermyer)
- Parthenon LLC (purchased from M.S. Rezny Studio & Gallery)
- UK HealthCare Arts in HealthCare (purchased from R Papka Art Studios and Mark Whitley Studio)