11 entrepreneurs to compete on April 13
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (April 5, 2016) — Venture Connectors has chosen 11 semifinalists to compete in the preliminary round of its 7th annual Venture Sharks business competition on April 13. After the 11 entrepreneurs will present their business plans to a panel of investor sharks the field will be narrowed to four finalists, who will then vie for $23,000 in cash and prizes at Venture Connectors’ regular monthly lunch on May 4,at the Muhammad Ali Center.
In addition to the main prize, five past winners have pooled their resources and will offer a $250 cash prize to the finalist of their choosing on May 4.
Venture Connectors received more than 40 applications from entrepreneurs across the region. The Venture Sharks selection committee chose the top 10 big ideas for the first round of the competition. The winner of the 2016 Startup Weekend competition was automatically entered as the 11th semifinalist.
- CompassioNote (Startup Weekend 2016 winner): Helps companies have better relationships with their customers by providing personalized data.
- Fanvester: Provides crowdfunded concerts and live entertainment.
- Farm Specific Technology: Creates innovative solutions to improve the sustainability of food systems.
- Fund My Edu: Lowers student loan debt and increases credit scores through micro-payments.
- Mail-Haven: 21st century mailbox designed to secure packages for absent homeowners.
- Riot Cosmetics: Makes handmade cruelty-free, vegan-friendly cosmetics.
- Stinger Equipment Inc.: Builds innovative equipment for landscapers.
- Switcher Studios: Develops easy-to-use and affordable live video streaming tools that allows users to create TV-style productions for the web.
- Totally Nalley Cakes: Manufactures cake design accessories.
- Uncrash: Helps auto body shops organize their work and automate communication.
- ZOFI Kombucha: Manufactures a delicious and healthful organic, sparkling, fermented elixir formulated for shelf stability.