LOUISVILLE, Ky. (April 22, 2016) — The Young Professionals Association of Louisville (YPAL) is happy to announce its new Board of Directors who will begin their term July 1, 2016. The board will be led by incoming President, Chris Nation, Director of Client Services at Quantum Communications (More about Chris Nation below).
Other members of the board are the executive committee:
- President-Elect: Drew Eckman – Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Immediate Past President: David Haney – Gwin Steinmetz & Baird PLLC
- Vice President of Community: Aimee Jewell – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kentuckiana
- Vice President of Programming: Casey Dixon – Flextronics
- Vice President of Public Relations: Mendy Mulberry – Forest Giant
- Vice President of Engagement: OJ Oleka – Office of the Kentucky State Treasurer
- Treasurer: Wes Vance – MCM CPAs and Advisors
- Secretary: Joe Mandlehr – Stoll Keenon Ogden PLLC
- Director of Membership: John Ackerman – DMLO
- Director of Entertainment: Jordan Wiehebrink – Bellarmine University
- Director of Professional Development: Haley James – Taylor Siefker Williams
- Director of Community Outreach: Leslie Conner Warren – Schneider Electric
- Director of Inclusion: Jason Hesketh – Superb IPC
- Director of Public Issues: Alexis Hebert – Emerge Kentucky
- Director of Communications: Charissa Acree – PriceWeber
- Director of Recruitment: Paul Heintzman – Stock Yards Bank & Trust Co.
- Director of Technology: Mike Sheehy – Freeland Account Management
About Chris Nation:
A YPAL member since 2013, Chris Nation joined the Board of Directors as Director of Communications in 2014 and currently serves as YPAL President-Elect until he will take the reins as YPAL President in July.
Nation is the Director of Client Services for Quantum Communications, a full-service advertising and public relations agency in Louisville. Nation specializes in working with nonprofit, government, legal and financial organizations. Prior to this position, Nation served as an instructor teaching Communication classes at Western Kentucky University and Lindsey Wilson College.
He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the American Advertising Federation of Louisville (AAF), is a Congressional Ambassador to Congressman John Yarmuth for the Alzheimer’s Association, and a member of the International Academy of the Visual Arts (IAVA), Interactive Media Council, and National Communication Association (NCA). Nation previously served as a board member for Community Winterhelp, Inc. and past Ambassador for Crusade for Children.
Nation is also a graduate of Leadership Louisville Center’s Ignite Louisville Class of 2016, Focus Louisville Class of 2013 and Leadership Bowling Green Class of 2012.
He holds a Master of Arts in Corporate Communications and a Bachelor of Arts in English from Western Kentucky University.
Nation currently lives in Louisville with his wife Emily and daughter Amelia.
The Young Professionals Association of Louisville (YPAL) was created in 1999 after a study showed Louisville was losing its young people after college graduation to larger cities. Since its inception, YPAL has built credibility as a social and professional organization for young professionals in Louisville and Southern Indiana to be a conduit to connect to their communities. YPAL strives to connect and engage Metro Louisville’s young professionals through community, professional and social opportunities. Learn more at: www.ypal.org.