12 winners honored
LEXINGTON, Ky. (May 9, 2016) — VisitLEX, the Bluegrass Hospitality Association (BHA) and the Bluegrass Tourism and Marketing Association (BTMA) presented the inaugural Lexington Hospitality Awards today during the annual BHA Tourism Forum luncheon.
The Lexington Hospitality Awards honor front-line staff and volunteers in the tourism and hospitality industry in Lexington who have demonstrated exceptional service. Overall, 39 individuals were nominated from Lexington hotels, Blue Grass Airport, restaurants, Lexington Center and attractions. All nominees were recognized and received a certificate of appreciation at the BHA Tourism Forum luncheon.
- Keith Allen – Hyatt Regency Lexington, Bell Captain
- Martha Bersot – Kentucky Horse Park, Office Support Assistant
- Ed Brand – Blue Grass Airport, Guest Services Assistant & Receptionist
- Dianna DeLara – Marriott Griffin Gate Resort & Spa, Front Desk Clerk
- Iverson Griffin – OBC Kitchen, Server
- Mary Jo Holland – Lexington Opera House, Floor Captain/Usher
- Tina Kohrs – Embassy Suites, Sales Coordinator
- Julie Mora – Dudley’s on Short, Bartender
- Charlie Muntz – Ashland, the Henry Clay Estate, Volunteer Docent
- Peggy Prang – Holiday Inn Express, Breakfast Attendant
- Sandy Ritchie – Josie’s, Server
- Cordell Weatherford – Town Branch Distillery, Tour Guide