Verify your voting location
FRANKFORT, Ky. (May 13, 2016) — Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, Kentucky’s chief election official, is reminding voters of Election Day “Do’s and Don’ts” in advance of Kentucky’s Primary Election on May 17.
“Election Day is important for the future and vitality of our state and nation,” said Grimes. “Voters and election officials should get prepared to help our elections run smoothly.”
Tips for voting:
- DO verify your voter registration status before you head to the polls. Registration status is available at GoVoteKY.com, Kentucky’s new one-stop voter portal.
- DO know where you vote. You can find the address of and driving directions to your polling location through GoVoteKY.com.
- DO know the most convenient times to vote. Polls tend to be busiest during the morning and evening rush hours and at lunchtime.
- DO bring appropriate identification to your polling location. You must either be known by a precinct officer or produce a driver’s license, social security card, credit card, or other form of identification that contains both a picture and signature in order to cast a ballot.
- DON’T wait until the last minute to head to the polls or be discouraged by long lines. Remember, as long as you are in line by 6 p.m. local time on May 17, you will be allowed to cast your ballot.
- DON’T record the identity of voters in the voting room, including through the use of cameras and cell phones.
- DO ask a poll worker for instructions on how to use the voting machine or other procedural questions if you are confused about the voting process.
- DO let officials know immediately if you encounter any problems at the polls. You can address issues with your precinct election officers, the county clerk, the State Board of Elections at 502-573-7100, or the Attorney General’s Election Fraud Hotline at 1-800-328-VOTE.
- DON’T forget to thank your poll workers. This election would not be possible without them, and they deserve our appreciation.
- DO remind your friends and family to vote. Our democratic society is at its best when all eligible voters participate in elections.
- DON’T forget that you can obtain election results at GoVoteKY.com.