AMERICAN ACADEMY OF ORAL MEDICINE
- Wendy S. Hupp has been named president of the American Academy of Oral Medicine. Hupp is associate professor and interim chair of the Department of General Dentistry and Oral Medicine at the University Louisville School of Dentistry.
BAD GIRL VENTURES
- Karen Finan has been named as the new chairperson of Bad Girl Ventures board of directors. Bad Girl Ventures is a nonprofit organization founded in 2010 to help educate and mentor female entrepreneurs in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region. Finan succeeds Cheryl Stamm, who is remaining on the board as immediate past chair and will be leading the advancement/development committee.
EASTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
- Richard Day has been elected as faculty regent at Eastern Kentucky University. Day, associate professor of educational foundations in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, currently serves as chair of EKU’s faculty senate.
GREATER LOUISVILLE INC.
- Robert M. Croft has been elected as a member of the Greater Louisville Inc. board of directors. Croft is a partner with the law firm of Dinsmore and Shohl.
- Keith Chamblin has been named to the board of directors of Horse PAC, the Thoroughbred racing industry’s federal political action commission. Chamblin is chief operating officer for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association.
INNOVATION NETWORK FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL THINKING
- Randall Stevens has been named co-chair of the advisory board for the Innovation Network of Entrepreneurial Thinking (iNET) at the University of Kentucky. Stevens, who owns software company ArchVision, will co-chair the advisory board with Dan O’Hair, dean of UK’s College of Communications and Information.
KENTUCKY BOARD OF PHARMACY
- Craig A. Martin has been appointed to the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy. Martin, of Georgetown, is the director of professional practice development for the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy and the University of Kentucky Healthcare Pharmacy Services.
KENTUCKY BOARD OF SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY AND AUDIOLOGY
- Matthew L. Bush, of Nicholasville, has been appointed to the Kentucky Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
KENTUCKY PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
- Robert Cicero, of Florence, has been appointed to the Kentucky Public Service Commission. Cicero is co-owner of High Performance Coolers LLC.
KENTUCKY RETIREMENT SYSTEMS
- William F. Smith has been appointed to the board of trustees of the Kentucky Retirement Systems.
KENTUCKY STATE BOARD OF PHYSICAL THERAPY
- Dan Martin, of Elizabethtown, has been appointed to the Kentucky State Board of Physical Therapy.
KENTUCKY STATE BOARD OF LICENSURE FOR PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS AND LAND SURVEYORS
- William A. Bowie Jr., of Lexington, and Herb Goff, of Frankfort, have been appointed to the State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
KENTUCKY TOURISM DEVELOPMENT FINANCE AUTHORITY
- Linda S. Thompson, Frankfort; Vanda N. Rice, Manchester; Timothy D. Bates, Versailles; and Matthew R. Hayden, Owensboro, have been appointed to the Kentucky Tourism Development Finance Authority.
LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS OF LEXINGTON
- The League of Women Voters of Lexington has elected officers and directors for the 2016-2017 year: President – Tammy Fagley; Second Vice President – Donna Blue; Secretary – Lynne Flynn; Treasurer – Steve Senft; Directors – Cindy Heine, Richard Heine, Judy Johnson, Carol O’Reilly, Barbara Sterrett, Lauren Wallace.
LIAISON COMMITTEE ON MEDICAL EDUCATION
- Toni Ganzel has been appointed to the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, the governing body that accredits medical education programs throughout the United States and Canada. Ganzel is dean of the University of Louisville School of Medicine.
NATIONAL ADVERTISING REVIEW BOARD
- John McCafferty, president and creative director of McCafferty Advertising in Louisville, has been named to the National Advertising Review Board, a self-regulated governing body that works to assure that advertising claims are truthful and accurate.
NATIONAL BOARD OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICAL EXAMINERS
- Dana Shaffer has been elected vice chair of the board of directors for the National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOME), the leading assessment organization for the osteopathic medical profession. Shaffer is the associate dean for osteopathic graduate medical education and professor of family medicine at the University of Pikeville-Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- The following individuals have formed a new initiative called Together Lexington with the goal of creating a positive marketing campaign and funding projects to improve the community’s quality of life: Ann Bakhaus, president of Kentucky Eagle Inc.; Lisa Ball, vice president of Ball Homes; Barry Bishop, regional vice president/operations of Windstream Communications; Bill Farmer, president/CEO of United Way of the Bluegrass; Rufus Friday, president and publisher of the Lexington Herald-Leader; Lee Greer, president of Greer Companies; Larry Hall, president of Hall Media Inc.; Jeri Isbell, vice president of human resources and corporate communications for Lexmark International; Larry Jones, central region president of Community Trust Bank; Augusta Julian, president of Bluegrass Community and Technical College; Brian McCarty and Bruce Drake, partners in Bluegrass Hospitality Group; Bret Melrose, owner of Fayette Heating & Air; Jeff Murphy, vice president of marketing and communications for KentuckyOne Health; Rhonda Petr, director of marketing, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medicaid; Mary Quinn Ramer, president of VisitLEX; and Bill Thomason, president and CEO of Keeneland.
YOUNG PROFESSIONALS ASSOCIATION OF LOUISVILLE
- The Young Professionals Association of Louisville has announced its new board of directors for the coming year: President – Chris Nation, Quantum Communications; President-Elect – Drew Eckman, Frost Brown Todd LLC; Immediate Past President – David Haney, Gwin Steinmetz & Baird PLLC; Vice President of Community – Aimee Jewell, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kentuckiana; Vice President of Programming – Casey Dixon, Flextronics; Vice President of Public Relations – Mendy Mulberry, Forest Giant; Vice President of Engagement – OJ Oleka, Office of the Kentucky State Treasurer; Treasurer – Wes Vance, MCM CPAs and Advisors; Secretary – Joe Mandlehr, Stoll Keenon Ogden PLLC; Director of Membership – John Ackerman, DMLO; Director of Entertainment – Jordan Wiehebrink, Bellarmine University; Director of Professional Development – Haley James, Taylor Siefker Williams; Director of Community Outreach – Leslie Conner Warren, Schneider Electric; Director of Inclusion – Jason Hesketh, Superb IPC; Director of Public Issues – Alexis Hebert, Emerge Kentucky; Director of Communications – Charissa Acree, PriceWeber; Director of Recruitment – Paul Heintzman, Stock Yards Bank & Trust Co.; Director of Technology – Mike Sheehy, Freeland Account Management.