Gov. Bevin will appoint commissioners
FRANKFORT, Ky. (June 6, 2016) — Meetings have been set in some districts to nominate representatives for the Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Commission.
Residents who, for the past two consecutive years, have either: purchased a Kentucky hunting or fishing license; or hunted or fished in Kentucky, but were not required to purchase a license, may participate in the nomination process. The names of up to five nominees chosen at the meeting will be submitted to Gov. Matt Bevin, who will appoint one of the nominees to a four-year term, subject to state Senate confirmation.
- First District: 7:30 p.m. June 28, at the Kentucky Dam Village Convention Center. Doors open at 6 p.m. First District includes Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Livingston, Lyon, McCracken, Marshall and Trigg counties.
- Fifth District: 7:30 p.m. June 21 at Grant County High School Auditorium. Doors open at 6 p.m. Fifth District includes Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Carroll, Gallatin, Grant, Harrison, Henry, Kenton, Owen, Pendleton, Robertson and Trimble counties.
- Sixth District: 7:30 p.m. June 23, at West Jessamine High School Auditorium. Doors open at 6 p.m. Sixth District includes Anderson, Boyle, Casey, Clark, Estill, Fayette, Franklin, Garrard, Jessamine, Lee, Lincoln, Madison, Mercer, Powell, Rockcastle, Scott and Woodford counties.
- Seventh District: 7:30 p.m. July 5, at the Knott County Sportsplex. Doors open at 6 p.m. Seventh District includes Breathitt, Floyd, Harlan, Johnson, Knott, Lawrence, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry and Pike counties.
- Eighth District: 7:30 p.m. June 30, at the Carl Perkins Community Center. Doors open at 6 p.m. Eighth District includes Bath, Bourbon, Boyd, Carter, Elliott, Fleming, Greenup, Lewis, Mason, Menifee, Montgomery, Morgan, Nicholas, Rowan and Wolfe counties.
- Ninth District: 7:30 p.m. July 7, at the Shopville Community Center (old Shopville Elementary School Gymnasium). Doors open at 6 p.m. Ninth District includes Bell, Clay, Clinton, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, McCreary, Pulaski, Russell, Wayne and Whitley counties.