Awards are on Sept. 13
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (June 16, 2016) — The nomination deadline for the World Trade Center Kentucky’s 2016 Martha Layne Collins Award for International Trade Excellence is June 30. The award will be presented at the 27th Kentucky International Trade Summit awards luncheon on Sept. 13.
The award recognizes regional companies who have successfully engaged in global commerce. The awards committee is comprised of various representatives from the business community who work to identify the very best international trade success stories to be spotlighted at the annual awards luncheon.
Each year more than 400 representatives from business, industry and government sectors gather to recognize firms for outstanding achievements in international trade at the Kentucky International Trade Summit (KITS) Awards Luncheon.
Winners will be selected from the following categories:
- Micro Enterprise (0-10 employees)
- Small Enterprise (11-50 employees)
- Medium Enterprise (51-500 employees)
- Large Enterprises (>500 employees)
The award criteria includes:
- Businesses illustrating success through outstanding commitment to, and performance in, international trade
- Evidence of executive management and organization-wide commitment to international business; Uniqueness and creativity of international strategy/plan
- Overall contribution to local community or to the cause of world trade