FRANKFORT, Ky. — (June 22, 2016) — Kentucky State Parks will celebrate the Fourth of July with events that include fireworks, picnics and entertainment.
Kentucky State Park events:
- Barren River Lake State Resort Park, Lucas: The Friends of Barren River Lake will host a fireworks display on July 4. The event is free and open to the public. Guests should bring their own lawn chairs, blankets and picnic baskets. Adult and children’s activities will be available all day. Fireworks begin at dusk. For more information call 270-646-2151.
- Buckhorn Lake State Resort Park, Buckhorn: Buckhorn Lake State Resort Park will celebrate the Fourth of July from July 1-5 with games, music and food. Fireworks will take place on July 4 at dark. Call 606-398-7510 for more information.
- Cumberland Falls State Resort Park, Corbin: Cumberland Falls State Resort Park will celebrate the Fourth of July weekend July 2-3 with games and activities throughout the day. Smoky Bear will make an appearance both days and the Frontier Band will play Saturday evening at 7 p.m. Craft vendors will be set up on Saturday and Sunday. Call 800-325-0063 if interested in setting up a craft booth.
- Fort Boonesborough State Park, Richmond: Fort Boonesborough State Park will celebrate the Fourth of July from June 30 to July 4. The park will have a camper decoration contest, crafts, free tours, hayrides, a parade and NASCAR on satellite TV. This event is for registered campers only. For more information call 859-527-3454 or email [email protected].
- Jenny Wiley State Resort Park, Prestonsburg: Jenny Wiley State Resort Park will host Stars and Stripes Weekend from July 1-4 . The park will have square, folk, and country line dancing from July 1-3 at 8 p.m. at the dance pad at the campground. Kevin Hardesty will appear as “Daniel Boone” at the dance pad at 6 p.m. on July 1. Food and live entertainment will be available July 1 from 5-9 p.m. The city of Prestonsburg will host a fireworks display on July 4. For more information call 606-889-1790.
- Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park: Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park will have its annual fireworks display on July 4. A free concert by the classic rock band Cantageous will start at 7 p.m. Call 800-325-0146 for more information.
- Lake Barkley State Resort Park, Cadiz: Lake Barkley State Resort Park will hold its annual fireworks show on July 4 at 9 p.m. There will be food vendors at the beach. Fireworks can be seen from the water, beach, lodge and marina. No personal fireworks or pets are allowed due to large crowd at beach. For more information call 270-924-1131.
- Lake Cumberland State Resort Park, Jamestown: Lake Cumberland State Resort Park will celebrate the Fourth of July on July 2 with fireworks beginning after dusk. The band, SUPERFECTA, will provide entertainment for the evening. Call 270-343-2525 for more information.
- Levi Jackson State Park, London: Levi Jackson State Park will celebrate the Fourth of July with recreation activities and performances from July 1-4, including a Campers Only Pool Party. Camping reservations are recommended. Call 606-330-2130 or email [email protected] for more information.
- My Old Kentucky Home State Park, Bardstown: My Old Kentucky Home State Park will celebrate the Fourth of July and Stephen Foster’s birthday July 2. Events will feature a host of activities and games before the show, free cupcakes at intermission and a magical fireworks display to cap off the evening. For tickets and more information, call 800-626-1563 or visit stephenfoster.com.
- Natural Bridge State Resort Park, Slade: Natural Bridge State Resort Park will host Natural Bridge Hoedowns on July 2. The event includes easy to learn Appalachian square dancing, line dancing, two-stepping, polkas, waltzes and other couple and individual dances. The warm-up dance will begin at 6:30 p.m. and the regular dance program will start at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $3/person and children ages 12 and under are free. For more information call 606-663-2214.
- Nolin Lake State Park, Mammoth Cave: Nolin Lake State Park’s beach will be open all day on July 3 and two food vendors will be available. There will be a fireworks show that night. Call 270-286-4240 for more information.
- Old Fort Harrod State Park, Harrodsburg: Old Fort Harrod State Park will host its Picnic in the Park on July 1. Guests are invited to bring a picnic lunch and enjoy free entertainment under the “big ol’ tree.” The picnics, a 30-year tradition, are held Fridays in June and July at noon and include performances from singers, magicians or piano player. Call 859-734-3314 for information on performances.
- Pine Mountain State Resort Park, Pineville: Pine Mountain State Resort Park will celebrate Fourth of July weekend July 1-4 with family fun activities such as snow cones, tie dye, s’mores, pool games, and more. The schedule for the weekend, including program times, will be posted on the park Facebook page closer to the date. www.facebook.com/pinemountainstateresortpark or call 606-337-3066 for more information.
- Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park, Dawson Springs: Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park will celebrate the Fourth of July with a beach party from July 2-3. Activities include tie dye t-shirts, beach volleyball and a DJ Dance Party. Schedule with times of activities will be available on the park’s Facebook page. Hot dogs and snow cones will be available for cash purchase at the beach shelter. For more information call 270-797-3421.
- Rough River Dam State Resort Park, Falls of Rough: Rough River Dam State Resort Park will host the Rumble Over Rough Fireworks on July 2. Fireworks begin around dark. There will also be food and activities all day at the park and there will also be a concert by Jericho Woods starting at 8 p.m. All activities are on the main hillside overlooking the beach and the lake. For more information call 270-257-2311.