Deadline is Aug. 15
FRANKFORT, Ky. — (June 23, 2016) — Applications for Kentucky Crafted, the Kentucky Arts Council’s adjudicated marketing assistance program for the state’s finest visual and craft artists, are open through Aug. 15.
“We’ve seen a lot of interest from Kentucky artists about how to grow and develop the business side of their creative efforts,” said Lori Meadows, arts council executive director. “Kentucky Crafted is an ideal way for those artists to open up a new market to wholesale buyers and work on their entrepreneurial skills. Carrying the Kentucky Crafted brand puts them among the best visual and craft artists in the state.”
Artists accepted into the Kentucky Crafted Program are eligible to:
- Use the Kentucky Crafted logo.
- Exhibit at Kentucky Crafted: The Market.
- Be included in the arts council’s online directory for artists.
- Sell work at the Governor’s Derby Celebration.
- Take advantage of cooperative advertising opportunities.
For more information about the program, contact David Blevins, arts council arts marketing director, at [email protected] or 502-564-3757 ext. 473.