Campaign to fund critical initiatives designed to help our region move forward
COVINGTON, Ky. (July 22, 2016) – Skyward (formerly Vision 2015) and Northern Kentucky Tri-ED, two organizations focused on elevating the Northern Kentucky region, have partnered to launch the One Vision One Voice fundraising campaign. The campaign will fund critical initiatives designed to help the Northern Kentucky region not only compete more effectively in what is increasingly a global marketplace, and create a more vibrant, inclusive, and connected region.
The campaign will enable Skyward and Northern Kentucky Tri-ED to work together on tackling community-wide challenges and initiatives including The Catalytic Fund, workforce preparation, kindergarten readiness, improving the health of residents, and recruiting and retaining high-wage primary industry jobs. These opportunities require multiple partners, complex funding streams, and leadership – leadership that together, Skyward and Northern Kentucky Tri-ED provide.
Heading up the One Vision One Voice campaign are:
- Co-Chair Mer Grayson, Chairman, Central Bank of Northern Kentucky
- Co-Chair Wm. T. (Bill) Robinson III, Member-in-Charge, Northern Kentucky Offices, Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Rich Boehne, President & CEO, E.W. Scripps Company
- Garren Colvin, President and CEO, St. Elizabeth Healthcare
- Kay Geiger, Regional President, PNC Bank
- Jim Henning, President, Duke Energy Ohio & Kentucky
- Chuck Scheper, Chairman, Bexion Pharmaceuticals
The group will lead a campaign cabinet comprised of 40+ business and community leaders from a wide array of industries.
For Co-Chair Mer Grayson, Northern Kentucky’s success depends on partnerships like that between Skyward and Northern Kentucky Tri-ED. “Working together, they have improved the region’s competitiveness and quality of life. Investments made over the next five years will deliver even greater prosperity for all.”
Investments to the campaign will be used to support a variety of projects and initiatives launching or expanding over the next five years including LiveWell NKY, NKY FAME, the Advanced Manufacturing Workforce Development Coalition, and Pre-K Works, among others. With campaign support, the two organizations will strive to accomplish the following goals by 2020 in Northern Kentucky:
- Expand initiatives to fill our region’s workforce development pipeline
- Expand, grow or attract at least 10,000 new primary industry jobs
- Markedly increase the number of “shovel-ready” industrial sites
- Launch a new regional brand and increase marketing efforts on both domestic and international levels
- Spur the acceleration of urban redevelopment
- Creation of an iconic public convening space
- Support an aggressive, holistic, community-wide health program to improve population health
- Assure that 1,000 more children are prepared for kindergarten
- Double the number of community volunteers committed to supporting High-Growth Entrepreneurship
- Double the number of innovative technology startups in the region
- Double the amount of private investment capital deployed from NKY to startup and emerging growth companies
“Plans only matter if we make the investments needed to assure their success,” said Co-Chair Wm. T. (Bill) Robinson. “Now that we have the One Vision One Voice campaign underway for Northern Kentucky’s future, we all have the opportunity to invest more for our children and our grandchildren.”
The 2016 launch of the One Vision One Voice campaign marks the third joint fundraising campaign between Skyward and Northern Kentucky Tri-ED. Investments from previous campaigns supported projects and initiatives such as the Licking River Greenway and Trails, UpTech, The Catalytic Fund, The Regional Indicators family of Reports, and the Advanced Manufacturing Workforce Development Coalition.
To learn more about the One Vision One Voice campaign or to invest, visit www.skywardnky.org.