Pays for transportation for arts-related field trips
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AUg. 2, 2016) — Three Kentucky elementary schools have been awarded TranspARTation grants from the Kentucky Art Council. The grant pays for transportation to and from arts-related field trips.
Awarded three times a year, TranspARTation is now in its fourth year. Grants are based on the mileage from the school building to the arts organization or performance venue and the number of buses necessary. This round of grant funding is for trips scheduled between July 1, 2016, and June 30, 2017.
Schools that received grants and the arts organizations they will visit include:
- Clarkson Elementary School, Grayson, $864 to go to the Speed Art Museum in Louisville for “Where in the World Art Adventure”
- Clarkson Elementary School, Grayson, $584 to go to RiverPark Center in Owensboro to see “Dog Loves Books”
- Clarkson Elementary School, Grayson, $876 to go to RiverPark Center in Owensboro to see “Golden Dragon Acrobats”
- Clarkson Elementary School, Grayson, $584 to go to RiverPark Center in Owensboro to see “Miss Nelson is Missing”
- Collins Lane Elementary School, Franklin, $2,888 to go to StageOne Family Theatre in Louisville to see “Click Clack Moo: Cows That Type”
- Laukhuf Elementary, Jefferson, $448 to go to StageOne Family Theatre in Louisville to see “Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type”
Any Kentucky public or private school that supports grades pre-K through 12 may apply for a TranspARTation Grant. There are three application periods per year of TranspARTation funding. The next deadline is Aug. 15 for field trips taken Oct. 1 through June 30, 2017. The third round deadline is Nov. 15 for field trips taken Jan. 1 to June 30, 2017.
Schools receiving TranspARTation Grants must attend arts events presented by one of many preapproved TranspARTation organizations.
For more information about applying for a TranspARTation Grant, visit the TranspARTation webpage, or contact Jean St. John, arts council arts education director, at [email protected] or 502-564-3757, ext. 486.