Since 1902, people have traveled the Bluegrass State to come together at the Kentucky State Fair and celebrate being a part of our great Commonwealth, while discovering the very best of what it has to offer.
The Kentucky State Fair performs the delicate balancing act of honoring the state’s rich history and reflecting the ever-evolving lives of those who call it home. At the heart of the Fair is the celebration and recognition of agriculture and our roots as an agrarian state. With representative measures of both urban and rural, the event introduces visitors to the biggest, latest and most important achievements, accomplishments and advancements in agriculture, manufacturing, education, social and economic trends, and entertainment.
This year, an estimated 600,000 visitors will come through the gates of the Kentucky Exposition Center Aug. 18-28 in search of a day they’ll never forget; one filled with extraordinary sights, smells, sounds, tastes, experiences and more. Nearly 1,000 Kentucky State Fair staff and event employees will be at the ready to ensure they receive it.
From the biggest pumpkin to free giveaways, games of chance to the grand champion steer, a blue-ribbon quilt to deep-fried derby pie, there is truly something for everyone at the Kentucky State Fair.
· Pride of the Counties and explore the unique story behind each county
· Health Horizons for free health screenings by medical professionals
· Coca-Cola Talent Classic to watch youth from across the state compete
· Gourmet Garden to catch cooking competitions and demonstrations
· Heritage Hall for bingo and a free cup of coffee for seniors
· 4-H and FFA to check out who’s raised this year’s champions
· Main Street Kentucky to interact with exhibits about education, government, environment and the arts
· Little Miss and Mister Pageant to cheer on winners from county fairs
· World’s Championship Horse Show to see 2,000 of the finest Saddlebreds, Hackney Ponies and Roadsters compete
· Performing Arts Showcase and be entertained by storytellers, musicians, comedians, singers and dancers
Plus there are games, rides and concerts that range from country to gospel, hard rock to hip-hop. It’s easy to understand why the Kentucky State Fair spans eleven days – you need that much time to experience everything it has to offer.
Remember, it takes each one of us, and all of us together, to make the fair truly a state affair. Meet us at the Kentucky State Fair this summer, Aug. 18-28. Your presence is requested, and required, to help make it what it is today – the best state fair in the country.
— Dr. Mark Lynn
Chairman, Kentucky State Fair Board
Additional details, including information about tickets, special days, discounts and free parking, can be found at the Kentucky State Fair website: www.kystatefair.org