Working with five farmers
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Oct. 11, 2016) — The Kentucky Department of Agriculture (KDA) and the Kentucky Guild of Brewers have partnered on the release of five limited edition Kentucky Proud-infused beers.
The Kentucky Guild of Brewers and the KDA teamed up 10 breweries and five farmers to create five unique beers that showcase the flavors of Kentucky agriculture:
- Against the Grain (Louisville) and Ethereal Brewing (Lexington) used Kentucky Proud peaches from Mulberry Orchards in Shelbyville. The Peach Sour Saison was released Monday with a ceremonial pouring and tasting at Against the Grain. A second tasting is scheduled Oct. 17 at 6 p.m. at Ethereal Brewing.
- Monnik Beer Company (Louisville) and Paducah Brew Works will use paw paw fruit from Kentucky State University in Frankfort. Release is scheduled Nov. 2 at Monnik.
- Great Flood Brewing Company (Louisville) and Ei8htball Brewing (Bellevue) will use pecans from Kight’s Pecan Orchard in McCracken County.
- Goodwood Brewing (Louisville) and White Squirrel Brewery (Bowling Green) will use hemp oil from Kentucky Hemp Works in Christian County.
- Gordon Biersch (Louisville) and Apocalypse Brew Works (Louisville) will use sorghum from Townsend Sorghum Mill in Montgomery County.
“This is a great example of Kentucky Proud producers working together to create unique value-added products,” Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles said. “We are pleased to work with the Kentucky Guild of Brewers to advance Kentucky’s flourishing craft brewing industry while helping farmers find new markets for their products.”
A portion of the proceeds for these beers will benefit the Kentucky Guild of Brewers. The Kentucky Guild of Brewers exists to pursue the following objectives: to act as a singular voice and advocate for the Kentucky brewing industry in all pertinent matters of legislation and governmental administration; to evenly promote all member breweries through the organization of events and publication of media; and to amalgamate the knowledge and economic sway of member breweries. It is organized and operated exclusively for non-profit purposes.