Also adds four new appointment locations
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Oct. 26, 2016) — Louisville Metro Community Services today announced the launch of a new automated telephone and online appointment system that will help clients schedule appointments to apply for home energy assistance. Also, four new application appointments were announced.
LIHEAP, the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, is a federally funded, income-based program that provides financial help to low-income households in meeting the costs of heating their home. LIHEAP assistance is a one-time benefit, paid to the heating vendor. The LIHEAP Subsidy Component begins Tuesday and will operate through Dec. 9, or until funding is depleted, whichever comes first.
Residents are required to get an appointment to apply, and in the past, they had to stand in line for that part of the process and then return for the appointment itself.
Citizens will now be able to make appointments by calling (502) 991-8391 or by going to http://www.louisvilleky.cascheduler.com.
Citizens seeking an appointment will be able to get needed information and to schedule an appointment. The system, which will operate 24-hours per day, seven days a week, provides a confirmation number indicating that an appointment was successfully scheduled.
In addition to LIHEAP locations at Newburg Community Center/East (4810 Exeter Ave.) and the Southwest Government Center (7219 Dixie Highway) new locations are:
- Northwest Neighborhood Place/Academy at Shawnee, 4018 W Market St.
- South Central Neighborhood Place, 4255 Hazelwood Ave.
- Neighborhood Place Ujima/Duvalle Education Center, 3610 Bohne Ave.
- Neighborhood Place/Bridges of Hope, 1411 Algonquin Pkwy.
Appointments will no longer be made at the Urban Government Center at 810 Barret Ave., which is closing.
For the Subsidy Phase of LIHEAP, residents can apply regardless of the status of their utility bills. Applicants must be Louisville Metro/Jefferson County residents with a household income at or below 130 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.
The following documentation is required:
- Proof of all household income for the preceding month (Food Stamp award letter, Social Security Award letter, pay stubs, etc. or proof of $0 income. Note: Zero Income forms are available at the Community Services office at 701 W. Ormsby Ave., Suite 201 or by clicking here.)
- Proof of Social Security number or Permanent Residence card (Green Card) for each member of the household.
- Most current heating bill; or statement from your landlord if heating expenses are included in your rent; or statement from your utility company if you participate in a pre-pay electric program. Please bring the account number and name on the account for main heating fuel sources and electric.
Individuals who are unable to apply for this program in person may send a representative on their behalf with a note including the applicant’s signature and phone number. Call 574-1157 for more details on how this process works. Residents who are homebound and who are unable to send a representative may call 502-485-7230 ext. 2239.
Callers who require more information can contact MetroCall 311 by dialing 311 or 574-5000, email [email protected], visit the website’s On Line Customer Service or Live Chat at http://www.louisvilleky.gov/metrocall, tweet @LouMetro311, or download the free Mobile 311 app from the website. Residents can also call Metro United Way’s 2-1-1 help referral service.