Deadline to register is Jan. 15, 2017
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Nov. 10, 2016) — The deadline to register for the World Trade Center Kentucky business trip to Japan is Jan. 15, 2017. Only 17 seats remain for the trip.
- $1.2 billion in exports
- Second largest source of overseas travel to the U.S.
- Third largest economy in the world
- 47 percent of Kentucky’s foreign direct investment (FDI) from Japan
- Has purchased $630 million in Kentucky-made goods and services through July 2016
- Seventh largest destination for Kentucky exports
- More than 180 Japanese companies call Kentucky home
- Eighth largest provider of international students to the U.S.
- World’s largest net buyer of food products
- Fast growing markets in advanced manufacturing, health sciences, cyber security and e-commerce
- Healthcare, IT, and Medical Equipment
- Renewable Energy
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Food and Beverage
What does the trip include
- One-on-one tailored business matchmaking meetings with clients, distributors, and partners
- US Embassy – opportunity to meet with officials
- Business etiquette and culture workshop prior to mission
- Political and economic country briefing
- Business reception with government officials and industry leaders
- FOODEX Japan Trade Show — Asia’s Largest exhibition dedicated to food and drink across Japan and the whole world.
- Transportation: Economy plus air travel (from and to Lexington/Louisville), ground and first-class unlimited travel on the bullet train
- Hotel accommodations for seven nights — Tokyo Imperial Palace
- 7 breakfasts, 2 dinners and a reception
- Exploration of Tokyo — Cultural Site Visits may include: Kyoto – Shinkansen; Yasaka Shrine in Gion District; Tokyo Imperial Palace; Tokyo Sky Tree; Tokyo Fish Market; Shopping in Shibuya and Ginza; and Mt. Fuji