Will close by mid-April
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Dec. 29, 2016) — Sears announced that it will be closing 30 Sears and Kmart stores in 2017, including seven in Kentucky, Business Insider is reporting.
Employees were told of the closings on Tuesday, reports Business Insider. Most of the stores will start liquidation sales on Jan. 6, 2017 and go out of business between late March and mid-April.
Sears has not publicly made an announcement about the closings.
Kentucky stores closing:
- 2815 West Parrish Ave., Owensboro
- 1501 Paris Pike, Georgetown
- 14662 N. US Highway 25 E, Corbin
- 1710 W. Highway 192, London
- 3010 Fort Campbell Blvd., Hopkinsville
- 2945 Scottsville Road, Bowling Green
- Kentucky Oaks Mall, Paducah